Effective November 15, 2021
For the purpose of this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Should you have any questions regarding your privacy rights and/or this policy, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What Information Do We Collect About You?
A. Information Directly Collected From You
B. Information Collected from Your Interactions with Us
C. Information Automatically Collected Through Using the Doorsey Site
D. Information We Collect From Third Parties
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
3. How We Share Your Personal Information
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
5. Children’s Privacy
6. Links to Other Websites
7. Data Security
9. Data Retention
10. Your Rights & Choices
11. Changes to This Policy
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with them or if we are legally required to collect it. We may collect Personal Information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
A. Information Directly Collected From You
When you register with us through the Services or become a Doorsey member through the Services (“Member”) to sell Property(ies) or bid on Property(ies), or to comment as a community Member, we will ask you for certain Personal Information may include your name, phone number, email address, home postal address, address of submitted property, password, date of birth, and related information. We will also ask for your email address and password when you register as a Doorsey service partner via our Apps. Your payment-related information, such as credit card number or billing information, is collected by our third party payment processor on our behalf. The third party processor using SSL encryption. 2. Administration and Personalization of your Doorsey Account profile.
We may collect any Personal Information you provide to us as part of the administration and personalization of your Doorsey account (“Doorsey Account”) profile (e.g., zip code, personal preferences, and location, as well as contact information). We do not collect demographic information (such as sex, gender, race, age, party affiliation, national origin, immigration status, veteran status, and the the like on the Doorsey site). 3. Communications.
If you contact us directly (e.g., via email, SMS, phone call, in-app messaging), we will collect your name, contact details, the content, date and time of your message and any attachments thereto, and other information you may directly provide to us. You may choose to submit your email address and phone number on our Site to receive our updates. You may also provide us with your reviews of our Services or complete surveys regarding our Services. 4. Recruitment.
If you apply for a job via the “Careers” page on the Site, we will collect your name, contact details, email, phone number and information in your resume or curriculum vitae, including the contact for any references you provide. We may also ask you to provide a link to your full LinkedIn profile. You may voluntarily share with us also your Twitter, GitHub or portfolio URLs or links to other websites, your current workplace, and any other information you want to share with us.B. Information Collected From Your Interactions With Us.
Customer service. If you reach out to us with inquiries or requests, we will keep a record of how your inquiry or request was handled.
C. Information Automatically Collected Through Using Our Site.
Online usage data. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies: your domain name; your browser type; operating system type, name, and version; page views; links you click; your IP address; location information; the length of time you visit or use our Services; referring URL; access date and time; mobile device ID; language information; device name and model; and other information about your activities within the Services and communications that we send you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information. Where required under applicable law, we will only perform such data collection with your consent.
2. Property sales and purchases, including bids, data. We automatically collect your Doorsey bids, comments, questions, sales, and purchases history. Additionally, we automatically collect your login credentials when you create and access our site (per the above. Where required under applicable law, we will only collect property usage data with your consent.
D. Information We Collect From Third Parties.
1. Third-party accounts. We may obtain Personal Information about you from third-party social networking services (“SNS”), such as Facebook, Google and LinkedIn, to link your Doorsey Account with third-party accounts (“Third-Party Account”) by either: (i) providing your Third-Party Account login information to Doorsey through the Service; or (ii) allowing Doorsey to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. We may receive from such third-parties the following types of Personal Information:
a. Facebook. ID, cover photo, email, first name, last name, age range, link, gender, location, picture, timezone, date of last update, user verification.
b. Google. Google ID, name, profile URL, email address.
c. LinkedIn. basic profile, email address.We may also receive any other information you authorize Doorsey to access by authorizing the SNS to provide such information.
2. Vendor and Partner Relationships. We receive Personal Information of employees and other individuals who are contact persons at our partners and vendors, such as contact details and other information relevant to the particular business relationship.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. To operate, provide, and maintain our Services, to communicate with you about our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill our contract with you, to complete your transactions with us, to make and receive bids on Properties, and for other customer service purposes.
2. To link your Doorsey Account with Third Party Accounts to add information from Third Party Accounts to your Doorsey Account and Doorsey Account profile page. Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, you understand that by granting us access to the Third Party Accounts, we will access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the SNS and authorized by you) the information in your Third Party Accounts so that it is available on and through your Doorsey Account on the Site and Services.
3. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services, including personalizing your Doorsey Account profile and identifying you as a return buyer, seller, agent, or community member. We may also tailor our Services and communications on the basis of your Site browsing history. Where required under applicable law, we will only use your Personal Information for such purposes with your consent.
4. To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you relating to Doorsey or its partners, via email, SMS and phone calls.
5. Marketing. Doorsey would like to send you information about products and services that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. You have the right to opt out at any time, please see Section 10 below.
6. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you marketing communications with your consent. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
7. For quality assurance purposes.
8. To solicit a review from you.
9. To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve the quality and value of our Services, provide you with a better experience, and develop new Services, and for other research and analytical purposes.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may employ third party companies and individuals to support our Services. We do not sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to our Services, unless otherwise described in this Policy. We may share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
1. To Sellers’ Agents. If you are a buyer and/or buyer’s agent, Doorsey will collect information personal to you, which may include: name, contact information (phone number, email address, residential and/or mailing address or PO Box, as applicable to you). By consenting to the use of the Doorsey services, you understand and agree that we may disclose the information we collect about or from you to Sellers’ Agents for the purposes of facilitating the offer process of a residential real estate transaction.
2. Affiliates: we may disclose the information we collect about you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your Personal Information will be subject to this Policy.
3. Service providers: we may disclose Personal Information we collect about you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, including to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics, fraud detection services relating to the activity of Doorsey Users and improvement of the Site’s features), to send marketing communications, to manage job applications that we receive via the career page on our Site, to aggregate reviews, or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Services are used. We require these service providers to safeguard the privacy of Personal Information they process on our behalf. Moreover, you may request to be “Unsubscribe” directly from the internal content of any marketing message you receive sent by or on behalf of Doorsey in order to remove yourself from receipt of any future marketing emails.
4. Hubspot. Doorsey’s internal sales and marketing teams use Hubspot, which is a third-party service provider which distributes and receives marketing materials on behalf of Doorsey. We may share your information with Hubspot for marketing purposes sent directly to you.
5. Real estate agents: If you are a buyer or seller, we may share reports with your agents regarding your properties.
6. Advertising and analytics partners: we may share Personal Information about you with third-party advertising partners to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may also share information about the use of our Site and Services with third parties for analytics purposes.
7. Business transfers: Doorsey may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
8. Compliance with laws and law enforcement; guarantee program: Doorsey cooperates with government and law enforcement officials (e.g., immigration offices, customs authorities, anti-terrorism authorities) and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Doorsey or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials and to our insurance services providers as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to protect the property and rights of Doorsey or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
9. Testimonials: With your consent we may post your testimonial on the Site along with your name. If you would like your testimonial removed please contact us at email@example.com.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING MECHANISMS
2. Google: we use Google Analytics cookies and Google Tag Manager to analyze our Services. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://policies.google.com/privacy/google-partners/
and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We also use Google cookies to serve ads based on a Doorsey User’s prior visits to Doorsey. You can learn more about these cookies here
and disable these cookies via Google’s Ads Settings
or Ad Settings for mobile apps.You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Service. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
3. Web beacons: our Site may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
4. Log data: when you visit the Site, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “Doorsey User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Site to our visitors’ needs.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Site is not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
7. DATA SECURITY
Doorsey is very concerned with safeguarding your Personal Information. When you enter particularly sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or reservation forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site and Services, you can contact us. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Doorsey, especially because we are in the real property technology industry. Safeguarding Personal Information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Doorsey Account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited email or telephone communication.
9. DATA RETENTION
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of Services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our Services, the impact on the Services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
10. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
1. Marketing opt out: if you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
2. Changing or deleting information: all Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us at legal@Doorsey.com or editing the relevant part of their profile. If you would like us to cancel your Doorsey Account, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation or a legitimate business reason to retain the information contained in your Doorsey Account. Please note that, if you cancel your Doorsey Account, any reviews you have posted via the Site will remain publicly viewable via the Site. Please see below for privacy contact information.
3. Opt out from cookies: most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of our website may not work for you.
Please contact legal@Doorsey.com for more information.
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Because we’re always developing and improving standards of services we provide to you, Doorsey reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time for any reason. Any modification or amendments to this Policy is hereby effective immediately, deemed incorporated, and will be posted on Our Site. Moreover, for each modification or amendment, we will revise the 'Last Updated' date for this Policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If any modifications or amendments materially change your rights, we will provide notice on the Site or we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your Doorsey Account). Your continued use of Our Site and/or any Services provided by Doorsey will constitute your acceptance of the revised Policy.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
Doorsey, Inc is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information.
Please contact us at legal@Doorsey.com
for more information.